invites applications for the post of
Associate Director – Wetlands Conservation
WWF-India, one of the largest conservation organizations, engaged in wildlife and nature conservation in the country, invites applications from self-motivated and dynamic individual individuals with an inherent sensitivity towards the conservation of nature to coordinate and manage the Wetlands conservation programme of WWF-India.
Given the huge range, spread and diversity of wetlands across the country, and the myriad site-specific threats they face, we are looking for a relatively senior person with a demonstrated experience to provide leadership, technical support and strategic guidance to the emerging Wetlands Conservation programme which has pan India presence ranging from wetlands in pristine, ecologically fragile, biodiversity rich areas to populated cities. The incumbent shall be responsible for the management of and coordination of the programme and for raising the profile of this important conservation programme.
Location: New Delhi, with frequent travel to field sites.
The Job Profile:
1. Lead the Wetlands Conservation programme of WWF-India. This will include planning, designing, implementation and management of research, field activities and policy advocacy required to enable multiple stakeholders to take positive action towards conservation. Also responsible for fund raising.
2. Develop and disseminate tools for threat assessments, biodiversity assessments & monitoring, social and economic valuation and management planning that can be applied by stakeholder groups
3. Establish strategic partnerships and collaborations with organizations, implementation partners, international organizations, NGOs, Government institutions, multi lateral agencies, businesses and other stakeholders to promote conservation of wetlands
4. Undertake standard project management tasks as required including team and performance management, drafting project concepts, preparation of budgets and work plans, managing contracts with consultants and partners, and completing timely reports to donors and WWF senior management
5. Represent WWF –India in a policy forums including conferences, meetings
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
· Advanced degree in Ecology / Biology / Environmental sciences/ Natural resources management, or related field
· Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in freshwater conservation including wetlands.
· Demonstrated experience in managing complex inter-disciplinary teams and programmes.
· Excellent leadership and team management skills
Desired Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural team
· Knowledge and appreciation of the participatory approaches to conservation
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
· Excellent report writing abilities and documentation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills - ability to motivate people to action
Last Date for sending applications: 25th February, 2015
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please mention “Associate Director – Wetlands Conservation”, in the subject line. The vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. Applications of only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.