Wednesday, September 2, 2015

My Chapter on Mahanadi River in the OXFORD Book "Living Rivers, Dying Rivers"


My Chapter on River Mahanadi in Ramaswamy Iyer edited book "Living Rivers, Dying Rivers" published by OXFORD, to be released today by Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Hon'ble Vice President of India!
I will be missing the function at Delhi but feel proud for having got an opportunity to write in a book edited by veteran Prof. Iyer for whom I have lot of regards. Many close friends and people/experts whom I respect have also contributed chapters on other rivers in this book.
On 25th July 2012, I was invited to speak on Mahanadi's plight at India International Centre, New Delhi as part of a dialogue series "Living Rivers, Dying Rivers" that Prof. Iyer initiated. I was then asked by him to contribute this chapter.
I hope this book bring more debates and actions to save our Rivers from their decaying and dying states.
Thanks friends, for your continued support!
Regards,
Ranjan
Tweet @ranjanpanda
Tweet @MahanadiRiver
Mob: +91-9437050103
Email: ranjanpanda@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment